|MLA Citation:||Bloomfield, Louis A. "Question 952"|
How Everything Works 22 Jul 2018. 22 Jul 2018 <http://howeverythingworks.org/print1.php?QNum=952>.
As for being injured by microwave radiation after the cycle has stopped, that's essentially impossible. As soon as the high voltage disappears from the magnetron tube and it stops emitting microwaves, the microwaves in the cooking chamber begin to diminish. Even if they bounce 1000 times off the metal walls of the chamber before they're absorbed by those walls or the food in the microwave, that will only take about 2 millionths of a second. You can't open the door fast enough to let them out before they're already gone.